Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Resolutions

As we enter another year, I, like everyone else in this world, have concocted a ridiculous number of resolutions, most of which I will not keep. The top 11 are listed in order of importance below:

1. Be a better person.
This has been my go-to resolution for as many years as I can remember. You'll see why.

2. Get healthy.
If I was a better person, I'd be healthier.

3. Talk to people in bars.
Haaave you met me? I'm working on being a better person.

4. Take more trips.
Being a better person includes being more worldly and seeing your friends.

5. Learn to curl my hair.
I admire people who are skilled enough/care enough to curl their hair. I'm 25, it's time to learn.


6. Be happy for people who are getting married.
Because a decent person doesn't say, "Congratulations, someone had to do it." That was so 2011 of me.

7. Cook at least one recipe a week.
And no, unwrapping something and putting it in the microwave doesn't count. I still love you, Trader Joe's, but a better person would cook.

8. Go to Vegas.
Although this relates to resolution #4, I feel as though it's important enough to stand alone. Vegas would make me a better person. Not sure how, but I'm sure I can find a reason.

9. Run a second half-marathon.
On mile 12 of last year's half marathon, I swore to myself. And it doesn't just end there... I swore to myself that I would never do this again. But, a better person would run it again. Why not.


10. Start a blog.
Because you really haven't made it as a cool person until you have a blog. That's one resolution down.

11. Stop being such a "picky b...."
I was slightly offended when a friend called me this back in 2011. But, who am I kidding, it's pretty accurate. I suppose there's a fine line between high standards and a picky b. I have always struggled with that line. This one is last for a reason, people.


There they are folks, what are now the top 10 resolutions of 2012. Now you can see why I've stuck with my #1 resolution for so many years- being a better person can relate to every other resolution. And we all know that 1 resolution is easier to keep than 10.

And thus concludes my first entry. I have a blog. That happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment